Class 2 – Newstead
Hello and welcome to Newstead Class, taught by Mrs Stacey.
I am looking forward to seeing the children progress through their Year 2 learning journey.
We have some great new topics planned, starting with ‘Our Local Area’, then moving on to ‘Food and Farming’ before looking at ‘The Wider World’, including London and Countries in Conflict.
We have lots of exciting trips and activities planned, as well as investigating and experimenting in our science topics: Living Things, Plants, Animals, including Humans and Everyday Materials. The children will also have the opportunities to learn new skills and techniques in Art, DT and Music. We are also able to use Spelling Shed and Times Tables Rockstars to reinforce our learning.
- To read at least 4 times in a week to earn a PIP
- Reading books and diaries need to be in school every day
- P.E. kits will be needed on Mondays and Thursdays
- Weekly spellings will be assessed on Fridays
- Homework to be handed in on Wednesdays
In Newstead, we have a great Growth Mindset attitude, work as a team and are resilient – I am looking forward to the children being all of this and more!