Year 3 – Squirrels
Hello, welcome to Squirrels Class!
We are an awesome bunch of Year 3s, taught by Mr Pearson and supported by Miss Grayson.
Being in Year 3 is an exciting time as we begin our journey into Key Stage 2. This is a very important transition where children are encouraged and supported to develop their confidence, resilience and independence.
We are championing ‘growth mindset’ every day. We recognise that with hard work, our skills can improve over time! We approach every single day with a positive attitude; we are always ready to rise to challenges and seek to achieve anything that we put our minds to.
We are not just any ordinary Year 3 class… we are a Year 3 team! We look out for each other and help each other be the best that we can be.
Our class motto is ‘work hard, play hard’ and we love to fill our marble jar!
- Pupils should bring drawstring bags and water bottles labelled with their name. It is also advised to label any items of clothing.
- We use Boomreader to log reading at home. Please contact Mr Pearson if you require any assistance using this app. https://go-read.co.uk/parents
- We use Times Tables Rockstars and Spelling Shed.
- Our weekly spelling test is held on a Friday.
- Our PE days for this term are Wednesdays and Thursdays, please send your child into school wearing their full PE kits on these days.
If your child is in Squirrels class and you have any questions, please reach out via our class email: @email@example.com.
Please take time to read our termly newsletter, as this contains key dates/information and all the additional information you need about our learning in the upcoming term.